• Chairman. Troy chaired the Joint Legislative Audit and Review Committee, and vice chaired the House Business and Financial Institutions Committee that oversees financial institutions and insurance companies.
• Legislator. Elected to the first of three terms in the Washington House of Representatives in 2006, Troy sponsored legislation to strengthened current performance standards, realign the priorities of government and reduce costs.
• Business Owner. Troy opened his business that tracks recorded documents in 1999. As the sole business owner of a multi-state operation, Troy created and relied on performance measures to maintain productivity, accountability and profitability for his distant offices.
• Team Leader. As a young attorney Troy led US Securities and Exchange Commission audit teams around the country ensuring accountability and efficiency while focusing on regulatory audits. Prior to the SEC, he served in the federal prosecutor's office for the US Department of Justice.
• JAG Officer. Troy serves as a lieutenant colonel in the United States Army Reserve. Commissioned in 1994, he spent almost ten years teaching at the US Army JAG School on the campus of the University of Virginia at Charlottesville. Troy has been sent overseas eight times in his 27 years in the Army.
• Since 1984, Troy has been involved in the business of moving families into homes. First, as general counsel for a publicly-traded real estate company, and later serving as the president of the largest tax exchange company in the country. He also served as president of the trade association for escrow professionals in the state of Washington, and operated a non-profit organization for 15 years.
Troy holds a BA from the University of California at Berkeley, and a JD/MBA from the State University of New York at Buffalo. He is admitted to the bars of Washington, New York, California, the District of Columbia, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Troy lives in Tacoma with his wife, Diane, and their two children. He enjoys coaching football and baseball.