• Chair, Joint Legislative Audit and Review Committee. Kelley was chair of the Joint Legislative Audit and Review Committee from 2009-2011, and vice chair of the House Business and Financial Institutions Committee that regulates financial institutions.
• Legislator. First elected in 2006, Kelley sponsored legislation to strengthened current performance standards and realign the priorities of government and reduce costs.
• Business Owner. Twelve years ago, Kelley opened his business that tracks recorded documents. As the sole business owner of a multi-state operation, Kelley created and relied on performance measures to maintain productivity and profitability for his distant offices.
• Securities and Exchange Commission, Audit team leader. As a young attorney Kelley led SEC audit teams around the country ensuring accountability and efficiency.
• Since 1984, Kelley has been involved in the business of moving families into homes. First, leading the legal department for a Fortune 500 real estate company, and later serving as the president of the largest tax exchange company in the country. He also served as president of the trade association for escrow professionals for the state of Washington.
• Previously, Kelley served in the federal prosecutor’s office concentrating on white-collar crime. He also worked as an attorney for the Securities and Exchange Commission, leading audit teams focusing on regulatory performance audits.
• Kelley currently serves as a JAG lieutenant colonel for the Washington National Guard. He spent most of the last decade teaching at the Army JAG School as a member of the reserves.
Troy Kelley holds a B.A. from the University of California at Berkeley, and a J.D./M.B.A. from the State University of New York at Buffalo. He is admitted to the bars of Washington, New York, California, and the District of Columbia.
Troy Kelley lives in Tacoma with his wife, Diane, and their two young children.