• Chair, Joint Legislative Audit and Review Committee. Troy was chair of the Joint Legislative Audit and Review Committee, and vice chair of the House Business and Financial Institutions Committee that oversees financial institutions and insurance companies.
• Legislator. First elected to the Washington House of Representatives in 2006, Troy sponsored legislation to strengthened current performance standards and realign the priorities of government and reduce costs.
• Business Owner. In 1999, Troy opened his business that tracks recorded documents. As the sole business owner of a multi-state operation, Troy created and relied on performance measures to maintain productivity and profitability for his distant offices.
• Securities and Exchange Commission, audit team leader. As a young attorney Troy led SEC audit teams around the country ensuring accountability and efficiency while focusing on regulatory audits. Previously, he served in the federal prosecutor's office.
• Since 1984, Troy has been involved in the business of moving families into homes. First, leading the legal department for a large real estate company, and later serving as the president of the largest tax exchange company in the country. He also served as president of the trade association for escrow professionals for the state of Washington.
• Troy currently serves as a JAG lieutenant colonel for the Washington National Guard. He spent almost ten years teaching at the Army JAG School on the campus of the University of Virginia at Charlottesville as a member of the reserves. Troy has been sent overseas eight times.
Troy holds a B.A. from the University of California at Berkeley, and a J.D./M.B.A. from the State University of New York at Buffalo. He is admitted to the bars of Washington, New York, California, the District of Columbia, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Troy lives in Tacoma with his wife, Diane, and their two children. He enjoys coaching football and baseball.